Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

Who do I contact for Section 8 Housing or Rental Assistance?

The City of Hemet Housing Division does not have any direct connection with Section 8 housing or rental assistance. If you need help with Section 8 housing or rental assistance please contact the County of Riverside Housing Authority at (951) 351-0700 or by visiting .


Where can I find Homeless Shelters nearby?

Within the City of Hemet there are two homeless shelters:

  • Valley Restart Shelter located at 200 E. Menlo Ave.  (951) 766-7476
  • Salvation Army located at 340 S Palm Ave.  (951) 791-9497

*A list of other homeless shelters found throughout the Inland Empire can be found by clicking here "Homeless Shelters List".

I am, or will soon be experiencing homelessness, where can I go to receive Hotel/Motel Vouchers? 

Hotel/Motel vouchers can be obtained through the CalWORKS program for up to 30 days.

If you are a family receiving CalWORKS, you may be eligible for the Housing Support Program. For more information contact the Housing Support Program at (833) 391-0506 or by emailing

If you are an individual adult and in need of housing, please call Home Connect at 1-800-498-8847. A staff member from a county agency will help you secure housing.

I am in need of Food Assistance, where can I go for help?

A list of nearby food banks/pantries can be found by clicking here "Food Bank List".